You want to update a Fixed Asset with a line item of Purchase Order XXX (where XXX is the Purchase Order ID), accounted to the Fixed Asset's Individual Material.
Once the Goods and Service Confirmation is posted for the Purchase Order item, you notice that not the Fixed Asset is updated but the amount is posted to an Expense Account.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Purchase Requests and Purchase Orders work center.
Show all Purchase Orders, find XXX, open it and press View All.
- In the Items tab you verify that the item as assigned to Product Category XYZ. (XYZ represents a Fixed Asset relevant Product Category ID).
- Navigate to the Account Assignment sub-tab.
- You verify that the Purchase Order item is Accounted to an Individual Material.
Through the Document Flow access the Journal Entry of the Goods and Service Confirmation YYY (where YYY is the Goods and Service Confirmation ID).
You notice that the amount was posted to an Expense G/L Account and not to an Asset Account.
You verify that the posted amount is, above the Capitalization Threshold for Fixed Assets and that the Product Category is a Fixed Asset relevant Product Category.
To check the Capitalization Threshold for Fixed Assets:
- In the Business Configuration work center find the Capitalization Threshold for Fixed Assets fine-tune activity, either via the Implementation Project (if you system is not yet live) or through the Overview.
- Here you verify that the amount posted is above the maximum amount for the Capitalization Threshold for Fixed Assets for the relevant Accounting Principle.
To check if the Product Category used is Fixed Asset relevant:
- In the Business Configuration work center find the Fixed Asset Classes fine tune activity and open it.
- In the next screen choose Asset Class Determination.
- You verify that Product Category XYZ is assigned to a Fixed Asset Class.
At the time of the posting the Product Category XYZ was not maintained as Fixed Asset Product Category in Fine Tuning. As it was maintained in the Default Account Determination Group for Product Categories Fine Tune activity the posting updated the respective Expense Account.
To find out if the Product Category was in fact not assigned to a Fixed Asset class a the time of the posting
- go to the Fixed Assets Fine Tune Activity.
- Choose Asset Class Determination.
- On the upper right corner, Choose "You can also - view previous versions".
- Click on the relevant version which was active when the Goods and Activity Confirmation was posted.
This way you'll find out that Product Category XYZ was not available for Fixed Asset creation at the time of the Goods and Activity Confirmation posting.
You need to reverse the Expense Posting. Then re-create the Goods and Activity Confirmation from the Purchase Order item.
This time, as Product Category XYZ now is assigned to a Fixed Asset Class, the posting will update the Asset account and hence the Individual Material's Fixed Asset.
KBA 2451534 - How to Create a Fixed Asset From a Supplier Invoice With Multiple Items Assigned to the Same Individual Material
Individual Material; Fixed Asset; Capitalization Threshold; Purchase Order; Product Category; Posting to Expense Account; Asset Account , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem