- Rules used to map position fields to the job requisition fields are not working for all templates.
- Rules used to map position fields to the job requisition fields are working for some job requisition templates, but not for others.
- An error message "field is required" is occurring when trying to create a job requisition from a position, even though the "isDraft" rule has been defined.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Company Info > Position Org Chart.
- Select any position, and click "Create Job Requisition".
- Select the job requisition template to derive the mappings, and click create.
- Notice the error message "field is required" is returned, or check the created job requisition and see that none of the mapped fields have worked.
There is a problem with the IF clause, which is preventing the rules from taking effect in the first place.
This issue often occurs when the name of the template defined in the Job Requisition Template is not the same as the template name defined in Configure Business Rules for mapping fields from the position to the requisition.
This can often occur when there is white spacing (extra spaces) defined in one of the template name definitions. Thus, even though the template names look the same, they are actually different. (Note: to see the white spacings in the rules mapping definition, you will need to edit the rule first.)
- Check the name of the template in Manage Templates, and see that there is white spacing:
- Check the name of the template in Configure Business Rules, and see that there is no white spacing:
Check the name of the job requisition template in the rules mapping definitions and confirm that the name is the same as the Job Requisition Template name, paying attention to white spacing (Note: Provisioning does not show white spacing either, so to correctly check the name you will either need to download the template to see the XML, or view the template name in Manage Templates).
If the names are different, correct them so that they are the same.
isDraft, field, required, position, management, org, chart, requisition, rules, white spacing, whitespacing , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integration Center & Intelligent Services , LOD-SF-RCM-RUL , Recruiting Rule Issues with MDF Platform , Problem