While auto renewing a contract, system is not updating the employee responsible in the new contract from the old contract.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Sales Orders work center -> Contracts view.
- Edit the Contract DEF and click on View All. (DEF represents the renewed contract)
- Navigate to Involved Parties tab.
- Employee Responsible is missing.
In contracts Employee Responsible is defined by the business configuration activity "Involved Parties for Customer Contracts".
Determinations available in the Employee Responsible under Involved Parties for Customer Contracts are as below.
Direct responsible of Account
- Responsibility "Employee Responsible for Sales"
- Logged on User
At the time of renewal system will consider only the first and second conditions.
In this case the details are not maintained under Account master data, "Employee Responsible - Sales" and "Employee Responsible for Sales". Therefore, system is not able to fetch the correct Employee Responsible.
Third condition "Logged on User" will be considered only while creating the contract manually, therefore in Auto renewal this condition will not be considered.
To determine the employee responsible automatically you need to satisfy either the first or second condition.
For the first condition "Direct responsible of Account" to consider,
Go to Account Management work center -> Accounts view.
- Edit the account and click on View All.
- Navigate to Contacts tab -> Responsibilities sub tab.
- Here "Employee Responsible - Sales" need to be maintained.
For the second conditions "Responsibility "Employee Responsible for Sales" to consider,
- Go to Organizational Management work center -> Employee Work Distribution view.
- Under Business Area: Sales and Marketing
- Select "Employee Responsible for Sales" and click on Edit.
- Maintain the Rule, so that system will consider this condition while creating the new contract.
Employee missing; Employee Responsible Missing; Copy employee responsible; , KBA , AP-CCP-CC , Customer Contract , Problem