Error message 4305 is reported when attempting to load a transaction log dump that was taken after previous transaction log dump failed.
Example sequence of events:
- dump database <db> to </dump_path/db.dmp>
- dump tran <db> to </dump_path/db_tran1.dmp>
- dump tran <db> to </dump_path/db_tran2.dmp> <- this dump is not successful due to some failure with Backup Server
- dump tran <db> to </dump_path/db_tran3.dmp>
At this point, db_tran2.dmp might exist and is 0 bytes in size therefore cannot be loaded.
Now, upon loading:
- load database <db> from </dump_path/db.dmp>
- load tran <db> from </dump_path/db_tran1.dmp>
- load tran <db> from </dump_path/db_tran3.dmp> <- this fails with 4305
Msg 4305, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'ase16', Line 1:
Specified dump file '/dumps/db_tran3.dmp' is out of sequence. Current time stamp is <earlier date> while dump was from <later date>.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
Sybase, backupserver, dump, load, tranlog, CR819734, CR#819734, 819734, sequence, time stamp, transaction , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.