- Imported results with more than 14k records are inconsistent while running same query based on Import Data connection to OData service in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.8.16
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Try to create a new model on Import Data connection to OData service.
=> When the same query runs several times (clean & replace import method), the result differs after each query run if the result set is big (e.g. > 14k records).
=> Some dimension may have different unique members (less then expected) in each run.
- The odata server does not order the data SAC requests, which results in the possibility of duplicate data if retrieved in batches.
- By default, SAC retrieves data in batches of 1000 and larger amounts of data has higher probability of encountering this issue.
This issue should be fixed on the odata server side to order the data SAC requests.
Workaround: use the freehand query option to force an orderby ($orderby=[Object]) such that there are no duplicate values if retrieved in batches.
- 2569847 - Where can you find user assistance (help) for SAP Analytics Cloud to use, configure and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, rows, number, members, Odata, missing, lost, unique, different, $skip, $top, $orderby, orderby, freehand, order, batch, duplicate , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem