When performing a search in Report Center, all the reports containing the search term are not fetched
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Report Center
- In the Search box, on the top left, type in the search term and click the Search icon (or) hit the Enter key
Some (or all) of the reports that contain the search term in the report name, are not fetched
Note: This is taking into consideration that the search term is the partial report name.
Based on the usage of symbols (_, -) or space in the naming convention, the search functionality differs.
Report Name contains a space or '-' (hyphen) in it
- Considering the report name to be 'Prefix Suffix' or 'Prefix-Suffix'.
- This can be searched with any of the search terms: Prefix, Suffix, Pre, Suf, -Suffix, Prefix S, and so on.
- Almost all of the search terms can be used to search for fetching the relevant reports.
- Only exceptions observed are '-Suf' and '-', which will not fetch the right results.
Report Name contains an '_' (underscore)
- Considering the report name to be 'Prefix_Suffix'
- Only way to search reports with '_' is by using the Prefix as search term.
- It could either be 'Prefix', 'Prefix_' or 'Pre'.
- Searching with 'Suffix', '_Suffix' or a part of suffix ('Suf') would not fetch results.
report, name, search, center, functionality, searching, underscore, hyphen , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Centre , Problem