- What is the database driver used by a report?
- How to find out what is the specific database driver used for a report in Crystal Reports?
- When a report uses an ODBC connection, how to find the name of the ODBC driver used for the report in Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- In Crystal Reports, the report database connection information can be found under the properties of the connection in the "Set Datasource Location" window, but when the report uses an ODBC, or OLEDB connection, it only shows the Database Type as: ODBC (RDO), or OLEDB. To know the name of the specific ODBC driver used, or OLEDB Provider used, use the tracing utility crlogger. To do so:
- Enable the crlogger trace for Crystal Reports by following the instructions in the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1603398
- Restart Crystal Reports, and open the report you will like to know the name of the ODBC driver used, or OLEDB Provider used.
- Refresh the report, and enter the database user name and password.
- In a Text Editor, open the crlogger trace file generated. The file name
starts with : crw32_
and end with : _runtime.log
For example: The file name will be like: crw32_10803_2016-2-4-14-03-11-30_runtime.log
- Search for the keyword: "Query Targets:"
And on the right side, it will display the name of the driver or provider used to connect to the data source.
For example: The log shows the line:
2016-6-27-15-49-23 10804 .\DbQueryBuilder.cpp 528 Query Targets: msodbcsql13, ODBC3Default 10
Therefore the driver used to connect to the data source in the above example, is: msodbcsql13
- Note: The know the exact ODBC driver name, or OLEDB Provider name can be useful to modify registry keys that affect how the SQL Query is generated in Crystal Reports. For information on all the Crystal Reports registry keys, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 2165260
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020