When you set the opportunity status to Stopped , the Opportunity close date remains unchanged.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Open Sales Workcenter
- Navigate to Opportunities View
- Create an Opportunity 123 (Where 123 is the opportunity ID)
- After filling the mandatory fields,Save and Open the Opportunity
- Edit the Opportunity
- Change the status of the Opportunity to stopped.
- You will see that the Close date still remains in future and is not updated
Changing the Opportunity status to Stopped will not set the Close date to the date at which the opportunity is stopped.Only changing the opportunity status to Won or Lost will change the Close date to the date at which the status is changed.
This is the expected system behavior as only the Won or Lost status signifies closure of the opportunity.The Opportunity close date is by default set to 180 days from the Creation date. You can configure the default date for opportunity closing in fine tuning (Business Configuration) in the activity "´Date profiles" .
Opportunity , closed date, stopped , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , Problem