The OData service: API_GRTransactionData_SRV, registered in an S/4HANA On-Premise system, needs to be connected to SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) to perform analytical operations.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP S/4HANA
- Group Reporting
- SAP Cloud Platform Connectivity
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Creating a new connection
- SAP Cloud Connector is installed and configured correctly.
- OData service API_GRTransactionData_SRV is registered (with correct system alias assignment and activated ICF node) in Maintain Service (/n/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE) transaction in an S/4HANA system in that client which is maintained as Logon Client in SICF.
- If OData service is registered in client XXX then Logon Client must be set to XXX in SICF.
The user has the needed roles and authorization in the above-mentioned client to execute OData service API_GRTransactionData_SRV.
- To make sure that the service is configured properly, test it from Maintain Service using the Call Browser button – Internet Explorer helps to find the currently used client:
- Login to SAC and select Connection from the Main Menu:
- Choose Add Connection button (upper right corner):
- Select a Datasource window appears. Open down Acquire Data tab and select OData Services from the list.
- Fill out the displayed New OData Services Connection form:
- Refer to the Guided Playlist for a detailed explanation. Step 3 explains Connect to an On-Premise OData service and Connect to an SAP OData service options.
- Data Service URL: <Protocol HTTP or HTTPS>://<host>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/sap/(Z)API_GRTransactionData_SRV - check the service name in the /n/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE transaction code.
- When the S/4HANA backend and frontend run on a different server (Central Hub deployment option), the frontend host information and logon credentials have to be maintained.
- After pressing OK the connection is created successfully:
Possible error messages:
- The user does not have permission to access the requested resource.
- The request is unauthorized, please check data service url and credentials.
These errors may occur due to insufficient user or system configuration. Make sure that the mentioned prerequisites (Step b. and c.) have been performed and the correct client is being used.
For more information: 2628688 - OData service connection in SAP Analytics Cloud ***Master KBA***
"The user does not have permission to access the requested resource.", "The request is unauthorized, please check data service url and credentials.", SAC, SAP Analytics Cloud, OData Services, Connection, Cloud Connector, SCC, SAP Cloud Connector, Premise, s4op, op, on-prem s4hana , KBA , FIN-CS-SAC , Analytics & Planning for S/4HANA for GR via SAC , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , FIN-CS , S/4HANA for Group Reporting , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , How To