You are unable to activate a Customer Tax Exemption Certificate with End Date for more than a year or as Unlimited. On action save, you have the warning message:
Validity period not valid in tax exemption certificate.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Select the Accounts view.
- Show All Accounts and search for the ID: XXX (XXX stands for the account ID).
- Select Edit > Financial Data.
- Select the subtab: Tax Exemption Certificates.
- Add row and fill in the relevant information.
- Enter the Start Date as (for example): 01.01.2019 and the End Date as Unlimited or 31.12.2020.
- Select save
Warning message: Validity period not valid in tax exemption certificate
It is not possible to create a Tax Exemption Certificate with validity for more than a year.
This is the normal system behavior.
For Tax Exemption Certificate type Continuous Usage, you have to create the tax exemption certificate every year.
It is not possible to create another certificate with same Tax Exemption Certificate ID. Neither is it feasible to perform this from the backend of the system.
The field 'Tax Exemption Certificate ID' is just for identification purpose. Hence you can have here an identification ID (for example: TaxExemptioncert2019 where 2019 represents the year).
In the field 'External ID' under General tab, while creating tax exemption certificate every year mention the actual certificate ID/Name mentioned in the Tax exemption certificate issued.
The field 'External ID' is enabled when you create a new certificate. This field is editable only when the certificate is In Preparation status (before making it active).
2010183 - Not Able to Use Same Tax Exemption Certificate
Tax Exemption Certificate, Certifcat d'Exemption de Taxes. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , Problem