You get error as "Deferral Requires Accrual Method" when posting Journal Entry in associated with Sales Document.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger Work Center navigate to Journal Entry Voucher View
- Select New - Journal Entry Voucher
- Enter All the values required
- Journal Entry Type is 0088-Manual Entry for Sales Documents
- The screen Variant is 634 - Man. Write-Up/Write-Down for Sales Doc
- Sales Doc. Type is 114- Sales Order
- Sales Doc. ID is ABC(ABC stands for the number of sales order)
- Click Post or Simulate, and the error appears: Deferral Requires Accrual Method
The accrual method for the relevant sales document is missing, one accrual method must be assigned to the sales document.
To assign the accrual method for sales order:
- Go to Cost and Revenue Work Center navigate to Sales Document Items Sub View
- Select Sales Order Items and search Sales Order ABC (ABC stands for the number of sales order)
- Select Sales Order ABC
- Press Reassign - Accrual Method
- Select one Accrual method here and click OK
Now, the New Journal Entry Voucher can be posted without error.
Journal Entry Voucher; Manual Entry for Sales Documents; Deferral requires Accrual method , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem