When running a data action to check if some cells are empty, it hangs for some time and then get this error:
"An unexpected technical error occured and has been logged. Please contact SAP for further assistance / SAP Delivered Support".
In system trace, this message is displayed on component sap.fpa.services.resource.planSeq
"Execution of EPM command failed. The error has been logged."
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.8.16
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon SAC and go to problematic story
- Execute data action using trigger in the story
- the system hangs for a while and error message is reported
Issue is caused by memory exhaustion due to large dataset.
Source data scope can rapidly expand to generate very large volumes of data if multiple dimensions exist, even if the individual members in each dimension is small for example:
Project * Company * Fiscal_Year * Journal_entry * Product * Account * Currency * Code * Entity = 3 * 3 * 3 * 404 * 25 * 278 * 4 * 1116 * 13 = 4.39944E+12.
Data actions that are not correctly limited in such cases will cause an excessively large load from backend and result in the error "An unexpected technical error occurred and has been logged"
Effective use of MEMBERSET statements defined in script logic is recommended to filter source data to be copied to only include dimension members filtered by MEMBERSET.
This reduces the usage of your system capacity, like memory allocation or peak memory, and thus helps to enhance system performance.
We recommend you Define as many MEMBERSET statement as possible.
You can also find Help documents for the Best Practive tips for Performance.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists>
data action, SAC, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, EPM command , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem