- Model export as a CSV file does not support Cyrillic symbols special characters in the descriptions of the dimensions.
- SAP Analytics Cloud does not offer any encoding settings, so in the file these names are lost.
SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.11
Reproducing the Issue
- Create any model with special characters in description(s).
- Open the Model and go into Data Management view.
- Create an Export Job by clicking on Export Model As File > Create New Schedule.
- Choose "Select Data" on left side and observe that Dimension ID's appearing in correct languages, although Dimension Name characters are emptied with underscores "_".
- Try changing description to any text including characters like: á,ő,ü, и, а, з, д, р.
- Error "Invalid entry" is shown and such characters can't be exported.
- The reason is because the input only allows Alphanumeric value due to security reason.
- Since the Cyrillic symbols are not detected as alphanumeric values, each character is replaced with "".
- We recommend to change the dimension column names with underscores manually after the export is done or before the export is executed within the "Select data" tab of the "Export model as file" popup window.
- The encoding must be specified as UTF-8 when opening the exported file to see the correct cyrillic letters and symbols in the records.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem