You get the error that "Posting Date DD.MM.YYYY must be in fiscal year AAAA for fixed asset BBB" when you simulating Retroactive Capitalization.
DD.MM.YYYY is the posting date you input in the manual posting of Retroactive Capitalization.
AAAA is another fiscal year which is one or more years in advance of the posting date.
BBB stands for the fixed asset ID.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Fixed Asset work center and Fixed Asset view.
- Select fixed asset BBB which is In Process.
- Select Manual Posting, then Retroactive Capitalization.
- Input Posting Date as DD.MM.YYYY, and all other required paramater.
- Select Simulate, then you get the error.
For retroactive capitalization of fixed assets, the posting date should be in the first open fiscal year.
Open here means the balance carryforward is not completed.
- Go to General Ledger work center and view Sets of Book and Assigned Company.
- Select the company and then Edit Fiscal Year, you can see flag of Balance Carryfoward Executed is not checked for fiscal year AAAA. So fiscal year AAAA is the first open fiscal year.
In case you encounter error of Initial Capitalization Date of Retroactive Capitalization, pleaes refer to KBA 2109416.
Retroactive Capitalization, Posting Date, Open Fiscal Year, 回溯资本化 , KBA , AP-ACC-FXA , Fixed Asset , Problem