You are creating a new SAP Cloud For Customer contact via Outlook Server Side Integration side panel and noticed that the Phone and Mobile fields are fetching the phone numbers from user e-mail signature. However, the format being fetch is not correct, as show in the example below:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Follow the steps below to reproduce the scenario:
- Select the e-mail from the contact you wish to create in Outlook client which has phone numbers on the signature.
- Click on "View Context of SAP Cloud For Customer" button to enable the side panel.
- Click on the Create New button ("+") on the side panel.
- Select "Contact" from the list.
- Click on the Phone and/or Mobile fields to see that the numbers are being fetch from selected e-mail signature.
The phone numbers are not following international standards.
The recommendation is to use the international phone number formatting.
- International call prefix (00, 0, 8 ,+ , etc. depends on country where you are calling from): Recommended international approach is using plus sign "+". All numbers before brackets will be parsed as country code.
- Country code: Should be entered in between + and area code. Can hold from 1 to 3 digits. Should be entered in between International call prefix +" and area code, which is entered in brackets.
- Area code: Should be entered in brackets. No leading zeros should be added to country code. Leading zeros are used to make local phone call (within a country), that also depends on the country.
- Phone number: Length varies, dashes and spaces allowed.
- Extension: Followed after phone number and separated with "x".
It is recommended to use the following phone number format:
+ CCC (AAA) NNNNNNN x EEE, where:
- "+" International call prefix
- "CCC" – country code
- "(AAA)" – area code in brackets
- "NNNNNNN"- phone number
- x – Extension separator
- EEE - extension
Server Side Integration; Groupware; E-mail Integration; Phone; Mobile; Number; , KBA , LOD-CRM-GW-SCC , Invisible CRM - Smart Cloud Connect Solution , How To