- How to add or delete Message ID in a custom notification template
- How are customized notification templates with multiple message IDs created?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
Login as LMS Admin > System Admin > Configuration > Notification Templates > Add New > Fill out necessary fields > No Add button for additional Message IDs
- Addition or deletion of Message IDs, when customizing or creating a new notification template, is not possible; but updating and editing the text and syntax, through Launch Editor, is feasible as per standard design allocate based on the process owners in the LMS.
- Also, notifications with multiple message IDs are created via editing the template in the notification pages of items and scheduled offerings.
- Go to Learning > Select and edit any Item or Scheduled Offering > Related (More) > Notification > Edit Body or other fields > Apply Changes
- Click Preview to view the new template ID (example: template id 89765004)
- To further customize the new notification template with multiple message IDs, navigate to System Admin > Configuration > Notification Template > search and edit the desired Notification ID (i.e. template id 89765004) > Messages tab > Edit desired fields > Apply Changes
- Please note template customization is out of CS scope.
- This is only a guide on how to customize a template with multiple message IDs.
- For customizations and issues with customized templates, please contact Professional Services or internal IT team.
SF, Success Factors, LMS, message ID, syntax tags, standard , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , How To