Automatic Depreciation for a Fixed Asset needs to be skipped for a period of time.
SAP Business ByDesign
There is a possibility to change the Depreciation Method of the Valuation View Settings of an Asset so it won't Automatically Depreciate for a period, as Depreciation cannot be skipped at the Depreciation Run.
- Open the Fixed Asset you want to stop Depreciation for.
- Click View All.
- Go to the Master Data tab.
- Go to the Asset Valuation sub-tab.
- If you need to change the same for another Valuation View redo steps (6 - 9) for each one.
- Go to the Valuation Intervals tab.
- Click Add Row.
- Select Start Date* (date that you want Depreciation to stop).
- Select Depreciation Method to 0000 - No automatic depreciation.
- After all Valuation Views are done click Save.
As each scenario is unique we recommend that you discuss this change with your Accounting Team as well as test it in your Test Tenant before going forward with the change in Productive.
Depending on the Start Date you choose, Depreciation may still occur according to the previous Depreciation Method.
If the Start Date is from a date where Depreciation was already executed, the next run will post the amount in opposite direction.
*This date is the beginning of a period if the Depreciation Method is not configured for exact to date calculation. If the depreciation is configured for exact to date calculation, then choose any date. But in this case use Depreciation Method 000D - 000D is only available for certain countries.
Fixed Asset, Depreciation, Stop depreciation, skip depreciation , KBA , fixed asset , depreciation , stop depreciation , skip depreciation , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To