You are trying to import contacts using Data Workbench, but you encounter the following error: "Specify AccountID or AccountUUID in the payload", even though Account ID is not seen as a mandatory field in the Field_Definition file.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Data Workbench work center.
2. Select the Import view and tick the Individual Objects radio button.
3. Choose the Insert operation.
4. Search for the Contacts Object and highlight it.
5. Click Next until you finish the upload.
6. Check the Monitor view for your Import task and when you download the error log, you see the error mentioned above.
When you fill any workplace address and communication data, the Account ID field becomes mandatory. This is the reason the error is thrown. Fields in the Contacts object template that constitute the workplace address and communication data are:
- Any Address fields (Street, City, Post Code, etc.)
Either fill the Account ID field along with the above mentioned fields or leave the above fields empty to ensure that the error is not thrown. The option you choose depends on the scenario and the task you are trying to achieve.
DWB, Insert, Upsert, Contact Upload , KBA , LOD-LE-BP-BP , Business Partner , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , How To