You consider an account should be homeless or not homeless, but the access restriction result is not as expected.
Regarding to whether Homeless accounts are visible or not, please refer to KBA: 2527629
SAP Cloud for Customer
The Parameters system considers when check user access for an account are: Account Team, Territory, Sales Data
One related BC scoping question: Compatibility mode for Access Context 1015 (Employee, Territory, Sales Data)
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects.
- Select the current project.
- Click on Edit Project Scope.
- Go to the step 4: Questions.
- Go to the Build-in Services and Support --> System Management -->User and Access Management.
- Compatibility mode for Access Context 1015 (Employee, Territory, Sales Data) - "Do you want to restrict access rights for contacts using Contact Team Relationship".
- If the Compatibility Mode is checked, an account with only Sales Data maintained will be considered as a Homeless account, which means every user has the access to it.
- If the Compatibility Mode is unchecked, an account with only Sales Data maintained will also be restricted by the access restriction rule.
Account, Access Restriction, Homeless, Scoping , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To