You try to create a new Journal Entry Voucher(JEV), however gets an error message 'Sales ledger line item missing'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to General Ledger Work Center.
- Select New Journal Entry Voucher.
- Enter Mandatory Values with JEV type 000888 and Screen Variant 634
- Under line items add 2 line items with G/L accounts.
- Enter Valid Cost Center value for required row and project task manually
- Click Simulate button, error can be seen.
The issue is due to Sales document is not maintained, which is mandatory for JEV type as mentioned above
This is not an issue rather its the behaviour. In case, JEV is not sales related one then JEV can be created with type 00047 with variant 601. Else sales document is mandatory.
Journal Entry Voucher, General Ledger , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To