You are receiving below error message during generating Financial statement Report:
Account determination missing for item type
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger Work Center.
- Go to the Reports view.
- Click on List sub view.
- Click on Financial Statements.
You can view the error message: Account determination missing for item type
The reason is that you have not maintained the opening and Closing Balance accounts under Account Determination.
You have not completed the balance carryforward for the previous year and system automatically simulates balance carryforward for the previous year when you generate the Financial Statement Report and hence these G/L accounts are requirement under Account determination.
You need to maintain the Opening and Closing Balance accounts by follow the below steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Fine Tune and select the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Select the link General Ledger under Account Determination.
- Select the Account Determination Profile YYY and navigate to Opening/Closing Balance tab. (YYY represents Account Determination Profile ID)
- Maintain the respective G/L Accounts Closing Balance and Opening Balance.
- Click on Save button.
Financial statements, Account determination missing, Item type , KBA , account determination , financial statement report , item type , SRD-FIN-ANA , Analytics Content , Problem