You're trying to login on the Outlook or Excel Add-Ins, but is getting the following message: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Cloud For Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
You're using TLSv1.0 protocol, which is no longer supported. As a part of our commitment to continuous improvement and to follow industries best practices, we plan to configure our servers to support the latest protocol versions TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2.
To solve this error you must ensure .NET Framework is using SSL/TLS 1.1 on Windows settings.
There are two options of solution: Editing the Windows registry or Reinstalling the .NET Framework.
1) Editing the Windows registry:
Please ensure you have the below settings enabled in your Windows machine to avoid connectivity issues from SAP Cloud For Customer and SAP Business ByDesign application add-ons:
- In your Windows PC.
- Go to Windows search and type "Regedit".
- Click on Yes.
- It opens the Registry Editor.
- Open the path below based on the version of .NET Framework installed on your machine, in this case it is 4.0.30319:
Please note: It needs to be done on both paths below.
If you find the value defined as 0 instead of 1, follow below steps to change “data” from 0 to 1 and further test the result:
If you don't find the "SchUseStrongCrypto" in your registry inside any or both of the .NETFramework paths, please create one by following the steps below:
Important Note: Your machine account will need to have administrator privileges.
- Right click in the empty space.
- Select New.
- Click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type the name "SchUseStrongCrypto" for the newly created entry.
- Double click "SchUseStrongCrypto" again to edit it.
- Make sure Value Data is 1.
2) Reinstalling the .NET Framework:
If you still find an issue with SAP Cloud For Customer/SAP Business ByDesign add-on/plugin connecting to the application or if the registry is already set to 1, then reinstall the .NET Framework to 4.6.2 or higher versions and perform the above steps again for this newer version.
How to reinstall .NET Framework:
- In your Windows PC.
- Go to Windows search and type "Turn Windows features on or off".
- Deselect the checkboxes related to .NET.
- Click on "Ok".
Windows will deinstall .NET Framework. When it is finished, go back to Turn Windows features on or off.
- Select the checkboxes related to .NET again.
- Select "Let Windows Update download the files for you". This will install and update it.
TLS; Logon; SSL; Outlook; Excel: Add-in; Add-on; , KBA , SRD-CC-OIN-XL , Excel Integration , How To