- The custom process (Internal Hire, Crossboarding, Global Onboarding, Country Specific) without orientation step is stuck at Signature Step
- Timestamp error is received when Hiring Manager tries to close the case: "Application Error" or "Unexpected error occurred." or "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 - Build 1905
Reproducing the Issue
- New Hire signs the paperwork in New Employee Step via DocuSign Outside Signing
- New Hire receives a page where orientation step is needed
- When Hiring Manager tries to take the activity, timestamp error is received and activity is closed as All Documents Submitted
An error at the back end log shows "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." at "SignDocuments.ShowDocuSignOutsideSigningStepCompletedMessage()"
For Live Customer(s), Implementation Partner(s), and Consultant(s)
At the time of creating this KBA, the resolution is being worked on by our engineering team (reference code: ONB-24940).
The issue is currently under review and as soon as additional details are available, this KBA will be updated with the appropriate information.
For a temporary solution, please reach out to SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support in SAP One Support Launchpad via SAP Expert Chat or Support Incident. SAP Support team will close and move the case to All Documents Submitted status in the back end. To expedite the workaround, follow the template when creating an incident and provide the needed information below.
- Subject: KBA 2806449 - Custom Process Without Orientation Step Stuck at Signature Step
- Component: LOD-SF-OBD-DSN
Defect, Regression, ShowDocuSignOutsideSigningStepCompletedMessage, Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. --> Object reference not set to an instance of an object., XpressHR.Global - Application Error , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-DSN , DocuSign , Bug Filed