You are trying to insert the Atttribute Assignment item through the Data Workbench. But, you are receiving the error 'External key XXXXXXX does not exist for the Attribute Assignment.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Workbench work center
- Go to Import Tab and select Individual Object
- Select the Operation as Insert and standard object as Attribute Assignment item
- Upload the File and select next
- In the next screen,choose Import
- Go to Monitor View and download the processed file
- In the Error Column, you will see the error 'External key xxxxxxxxx does not exist for Attribute Assignment'
- You have maintained Attribute Assignment(Parent of Attribute Assignent Item) in the system without the External key.
- This can be verified by exporting the Attribute Assignment for the business partner id.
- Since the external key does not exist for Attribute Assignment, System could not create any link for updating the Attribute Assignment item.
- Go the Data Workbench work center and export the Attribute Assignment of the Business Partner id. This is to get the Object id of the Attribute Assginment.
- Export the Attribute Assignment item for already existing entries in the system. This is to get a template of the Attribute Assignment Item for update.
- In the Downloaded template, remove the entry from the following fields:
- In the Parent Object id, fill the Object id of Attribute Assignment.
- Fill the required values in fields Attribute_Set_ID, Attribute_ID and Value.
- Go to the Import View in Data Workbench and select Individual Object.
- Choose Update and select the business object Attribute Assignment Item.
- Click Next and upload the file.
- In the next screen, Click Import.
Marketing Attributes, Attribute Assignment, Data Workbench, Assignment Item , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-API , OData API (C4C Only) , Problem