You have added a Tax Exemption Certificate to the Account ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Account) and you expect to see the certificate under the items tab of the Customer Invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the New Manual Invoice from the Common Tasks.
- Enter Account ID.
- Click the View All button.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Click Add Row button.
- Enter Product ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the item).
- Navigate to the Taxes subtab.
The following information disappears:
- Tax Exemption Certificate checkbox marked.
- Tax Exemption Certificate ID.
- Tax Exemption Reason.
The reason the exemption certificate appears as soon as the Account ID is added, is because the evaluation of exemption certificates does not happen at that point.
The evaluation of exemption certificates happens when adding the item and then the tax exemption priority of the system is as follows:
- Tax event exemption.
The following are for countries, except Germany and US (Exemptions are all already covered by decision tree).
- Business Partner (Account) exemption in Financial tab, Taxes subtab.
- Tax Exemption Certificate.
- Product exemptions.
This is the system expected behavior.
Tax Exemption Certificate; Manual Invoice; Missing; System Remove; Determine; , KBA , AP-TTE-TC , Tax Calculation , How To