- How to do basic configuration for Quality Certificate process within S/4HANA Cloud using scope item 1MP-Quality Management in Sales, including
- business roles
- output determination
- quality certificate profile
- and additional information?
- How to print / create Quality Certificate in S/4HANA Cloud environment?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Quality Management (QM)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1905 onwards
Need for additional documentation on the Quality Certificate scenario in S/4HANA Cloud.
This solution covers following points:
- BUSINESS ROLES
- OUTPUT DETERMINATION CONFIGURATION SETTINGS
- CREATE QUALITY CERTIFICATE PROFILE
- CHANGE / DELETE QUALITY CERTIFICATE PROFILE
- QUALITY CERTIFICATE PROFILE ASSIGNMENT
- END TO END PROCESS STEPS TO GENERATE THE QUALITY CERTIFICATE
Assign following business roles to the test users. These roles are provided as example roles from SAP and can be used as templates to create own roles.
|Business Role||Business Role ID as Delivered by SAP|
Define Business Rule for the Output Determination:
- Log in as 'Administrator' role to configure the Output Determination.
- On the SAP Fiori Launchpad, choose 'Output Parameter Determination' [App ID APOC_WD_BRF_DEC_TAB_MAINTAIN (APOC_WD_BRF_DEC_TAB_MAINTAIN)].
- On the 'Output Parameter Determination' screen, navigate to 'Select Business Rules' tab and select a rule from 'Show Rules for' dropdown list.
In the example below the 'Outbound Delivery Item' is selected as a business rule:
- Then the 'Determination Step' is selected:
- After choosing the Step from dropdown list, click 'Edit' on the 'Maintain Business Rules' tab. Then add and/or change existing rows with corresponding icons (+ symbol - 'Create New Row'; pencil icon - 'Edit Row').
- Possible setup for the Determination Steps:
- Output Type
Assign the Output Type to the Decision Table: the 'Application Object Type' OUTBOUND_DELIVERY_ITEM is assigned to the Output Type QUALITY_CERTIFICATE. It is possible to add more filters to restrict output generation.
In this step the Receiver role can be assigned to the Output Type (QUALITY_CERTIFICATE). Use ship-to party (WE), it is the supported role.
Output channels like EMAIL, PRINT and IDOC can be assigned at this step.
- Printer Settings
By setting the 'Print Queue' to DEFAULT, the default Output device (for example LOCL) can be assigned to the process.
- Email Recipient
Email Type Code(TO, CC or BCC) and Email Address can be assigned here.
- Email Settings
The Email Template (for example QM_QUALITY_CERTIFICATE_EMAIL), Sender email can be assigned here.
- Form Template
Assignment of Form Template (for example QM_QUALITY_CERTIFICATE_FORM) takes place here to further filters like Output Type, Recipient, Channel, Sender Country, Recipient Country, Recipient Language.
- Output Relevance
It is a condition for output to be issued only when the 'Overall Picking Status' or 'Overall Goods Movement Status' has a specific state like 'Completely processed' or 'Partially processed'.
- For each Determination Step confirm the 'Row Editor' popup with 'OK' , do a consistency check with button 'Check' and save changes with button 'Activate' .
- Make sure that the activation was successful:
- Log in as 'Quality Planner' role to create the Certificate Profile.
- Call the app 'Create Quality Certificate Profile' (App ID QC01) under the 'Certificate Planning' folder.
- Enter a 'Certificate Profile' number and 'QM01' as 'Certificate Type'. The system assigns a version number, as the certificate profile is identified by a combination of the name, type, and version number.
- On Header Data screen, in General Data section fill 'Short Text' and 'Search Field'.
- It is possible to restrict the way in which system finds inspection lots and partial lots for the certificate material:
Indicator/Field System only considers lots... Accepted Lots Only which were accepted with an OK usage decision. Delivery Note in Lot which contain the delivery number. Minimum Q-Score whose quality score is greater than the value entered. Insp. Lot Origin with the lot origin entered. Inspection Type with the inspection type entered.
- To specify the characteristics that should be considered and displayed on the certificate, click button 'Characteristics' and do the configuration:
- To specify the material - which are the intermediate of a final product in the production chain - to print characteristic data on the certificate, click button 'Materials' and do the configuration:
- Save the new Certificate Profile.
Once the profile is created, it can be changed or deleted.
- To change,
call the app 'Change Quality Certificate Profile' (App ID QC02) and select the certificate profile previously created. Following 'System Status' has to be mentioned, visible on 'General Data' section in the profile:
- 'CRTE', Created: the certificate profile is still in process. Before assigning the profile and create a certificate with it, it has to be released.
- 'REL', Released: the certificate profile is ready to use.
- 'LKD', Locked: it is possible to block the certificate profile from usage, as long as it has no assignment. It is not possible to assign an object to the profile until the block is removed, that is, until profile release.
call the app 'Delete Certificate Profile' (App ID QC06). It is possible to delete certificate profiles, which
- are unused;
- have not been released;
- are not locked.
- Log in as 'Quality Planner' to do certificate profile assignment.
- Call the app 'Process Certificate Profile Assignment' (App ID QC19).
- Select to which 'Key Combination' to assign the Quality Certificate Profile, as the certificate profile determination is based on the condition functions. System looks for the certificate profile sequentially using the condition records contained in the access sequence. As a standard content, access sequence contains the following combinations:
- Material Group
|No||Process Step||Business Role||App|
Create Sales Order
Internal Sales Representative
|Manage Sales Orders - Services (App ID F0804)|
|Create Outbound Deliveries - From Sales Orders (App ID F0869A)|
|My Outbound Delivery Monitor (App ID VL06O)
|4||Display Open Inspection Lots (Optional)||
|Manage Inspection Lots (App ID F2343)|
|5||Record Inspection Results||Quality Technician||Record Inspection Results (App ID F1685)|
|6||Make Usage Decision||Quality Engineer||Manage Usage Decisions (App ID F2345)|
|7||Generate Quality Certificate||Shipping Specialist||Change Outbound Delivery (App ID VL02N) --> More --> Extras --> Delivery Output --> Item|
QM-CA, QM-CA-MD, QM-CA-CG, CA-GTF-OC, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Quality Certificate, Qualitätszeugnis, Customizing, Custom Forms, Form Template, set up , KBA , QM-CA , Quality Certificates (only QM) , QM-CA-CG , Quality Certificate Creation , QM-CA-MD , Basic Data for Quality Certificates , CA-GTF-OC , SAP S/4HANA output management , How To