You have added an extension field into a table in a custom form template using Adobe Live Cycle Designer. And observes that values in column appear in wrong order or appear mismatched during the preview in the system.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- You have opened the Form Template in Adobe Live Cycle Designer.
- You see that the current binding of the column looks like, e.g: $.FinancialTransactions.ManagementFees[*].WeightedManagementFeesForm
- Upon adding an XML to the Preview PDF on Adobe and viewing the Form you observe that the values in the Form appear mismatched. E.g: Value from line 1 appear in the line 2.
The binding could be anyone, this used here is just an example.
Such kind of Binding of column can cause ADS to jump to next instance of row item to get the value, if there is no value in the current instance of the row item for the Column. To avoid such skipping or jumping to occur, we need to be perform binding slightly differently.
We need to adapt the Binding at Row level and column level, so the correct values appear for the respective row.
To do so, follow the steps as follows:
- Select the Row of the Table from the Form Template Hierarchy tab and add the Binding to the Row only till the row item level, for the above example it would be as follow: $.FinancialTransactions.ManagementFees[*]
- Once the value has been maintained at Row level of the Form template, we can go on and maintain the value of the column field as: $.WeightedManagementFeesForm
- Once such a change has been performed you will observe that the values start coming up correctly upon Preview.
In case you do not want to see blank values upon preview, you can add default value through the Value tab of the field.
Wrong value Form Template, Wrong Preview, Incorrect order of values of Preview, mismatch value preview , KBA , AP-RC-OUT , Output Management , How To