You are interested to know how an expense description gets displayed in a Journal Entry Item Text for an Expense Report from Concur.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Expense Reports view.
Select the Expense Report XX [Represents Expense Report Id from Concur].
Click on View and then Journal Entry
Selecting a Journal Entry Line Item, under Item Details you see a field with name - Item Text.
The expense description can get displayed into Journal Entry Item Text, if either of the condition mentioned below gets fulfilled. In case both the conditions are true , the 1st one gets the preference.
- Go to Business Configuration - Overview work center view.
- Select and open the Activity: Code List Mapping for Integration with External Applications and Solutions.
- Click on the link: Maintain Code List Mapping.
- Select the line with Mapping group : ByD Concur Integration and Local Data type Name: ExpenseReportExpenseTypeCode
- Under Code List Mapping Rule, select the line where the local context is related to the country.
Under Code List Mapping, if the local code and description is maintained then this description goes to that particular line item of JE. But the condition for point 1 to work is that the JSON need to have a value in expense type code (expenseTypeCode ) on expense entry level and home country code (homeCountryCode ) on report level. If either of the two is not filled , then the value from finetuning is not even checked.
2. If point 1 is not fulfilled , then the field entryDescription in JSON is checked. If this is empty and point 1 also didn’t work, only then the Journal Entry Item Text field stays empty.
If you are not maintaining details for point 1 and still want Journal Entry Item Text field , then check at Concur so that the Field entryDescription is never empty.
Journal Entry Item Text,Concur, Code List Mapping , KBA , journal entry item text , code list mapping , concur , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem