When a recruiting operator use Forward Candidate to Requisition and selecting the Default (New Application) status, there is an error "You do not have permission to move the candidate(s) to the selected status". When selecting the Applicant status Configuration, the selected recruiting operator has visible and selectable permission to target status.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to candidate workbench.
- Select candidate to forward to requisition
- Select the target requisition ID and choose Default (New Application) status.
- You will get the error: You do not have permission to move the candidate(s) to the selected status.
When you check Edit Applicant Status Configuration, you will see that selected operator has permission in Default status.
In 1905 version, Selectable By permission is added as an enhancement in the system Default status. This caused error to any operators to forward the candidate to any job requisitions they do not have access. This is regardless if they forward the candidate in the requisition or via Candidate tab. If the recruiter has permission to the job requisition for new application then it should allow adding candidates to that status and if the recruiter does not have permission to the job req for new application then it should say that the user does not have permission for that particular job requisiton.
There are 2 possible workarounds we could do:
- Have any recruiting operator forward the candidate to requisition in Forwarded status and whoever is the recruiter of the job requisition can just move the candidates to Default (New Application) status.
- Provide recruiting users access to the job requisitions by adding them as the recruiting operator (or recruiting team) of the job requisitions.
You do not have permission to move the candidate candidates to the selected status error, Forwarding Candidate to Requisition, Default, New Application, Candidate Search, You are not allowed to change the candidate application status. with the index 0, Hired on Other Requisition , KBA , rcm-66798 , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , Problem