You define a custom message in the Cloud Applications Studio that is 400 characters long and are only able to see 255 characters in the Front-End UI.
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
As a prerequisite you have previously:
- Created a Custom Message in the Cloud Applications Studio that is longer than 255 characters.
- Opened the Front-End UI and performed necessary steps which has raised the Custom Message.
- You see that only 255 characters are visible.
The UI framework truncates the message to only 255 characters during the execution of the call stack.
To get around this limitation you can do the following:
- You can raise multiple custom messages, using 255 characters as a guideline for each separate message or,
- place multiple placeholders (&) in your custom message remembering that each placeholder can only contain up to 255 characters as visible in the screenshot below.
SDK, Cloud Applications Studio, 255 Characters, Limit, UI, Message, Custom Message, Raise Error, PDI , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-SCR , ByDesign Studio Scripting (ABSL) , Problem