You would like to expose a data source (BW extraction) but the Expose button is missing or greyed out.
SAP Business by Design
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Data Sources view.
- Select a data source (notice that the expose option is not available for joined data sources).
The expose option for BW Extraction is not available for any of the data sources (it could be that the feature to Expose for OData is shown).
The business configuration is not yet scoped to include this feature.
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your project and click on the Edit Project Scope button.
- On the new screen, go to Step 3 Scoping.
- Check the following BC Option: Communication and Information Exchange -> Integration with Eternal Applications and Solutions -> Integration with Central Analytics.
- Continue to step 4 Questions.
- Navigate as before: Communication and Information Exchange -> Integration with Eternal Applications and Solutions -> Integration with Central Analytics.
- Check the question Do you want to make analytics data from the solution available to an SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse system?
- Finish the setup.
2634621 - Allow extended text lengths during Analytics Data Integration
scoping, BW extraction, expose button, implementation project , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To