Error messages: Changing Valid to not possible; Field is read only and No individual material assigned while migrating the Fixed assets using the Migration Tool.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center and Implementation Projects view.
- Select the implementation project and select Open Activity List.
- Select Integrate and Extend.
- Search for Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity and click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Select the migration unit and select Execute Migration.
- Simulate the migration, then you get the Error messages: Changing Valid to not possible; Field is read only and No individual material assigned
You have not maintained the valuation view for the fixed asset classes and need to be maintained to execute the migration of fixed asset aucessfully.
Go to Business Configuration workcenter.
Go to Implementation Projects view..
Select the project and perform the action Open Activity List.
Navigate to Fine tune.
Select the activity Fixed Asset Classes.
On the new screen click on Edit Fixed Assets Classes.
Select the fixed asset class which you are using and check the bottom section Default Valuation Settings.
Add a row for the valuaion view YYY(YYY means valuation view)
Once you maintain the valuation view for all the classes the migration will be executed without any errors.
KBA , changing valid to not possible , field is read only and no individual mat , fixed asset migration , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , Problem