- Crystal Reports crash.
- Unable to open and refresh reports in Crystal Reports.
- When trying to connect to a database in Crystal Reports, the application crash.
- When attempting to create a new report in Crystal Reports, it display the error: 'Failed to create the Crystal Database Connector.'
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports.
- When attempting to create a new report, it generates the error: 'Failed to create the Crystal Database Connector.'
- The issue occurs because Crystal Reports cannot access the required folders, drivers, or registry keys required to execute successfully. Below is a list of examples that causes this issue:
- The required drivers are not registered due to an unsuccessful installation of Crystal Reports.
- MS Windows user does not have rights to the TEMP folder, which is required for Crystal Reports to run successfully.
- Crystal Reports is installed on an unsupported virtual environment, and the user does not have enough rights.
- If Crystal Reports is installed on your local computer:
- In MS Windows, logon as the Local computer Administrator.
- Test using Crystal Reports:
- If the issue cannot be reproduced, then it confirmed the issue was due to rights, therefore contact your Administrator to ensure the MS Windows User have enough rights, and have access to the Temp folder.
- If the issue still occurs, then it is most likely because not all drivers required were registered, therefore perform a Repair on Crystal Reports installation as the Local computer Administrator.
- Verify the virtual environment used is supported by consulting the Supported Platform of Crystal Reports.
Note: A good test to troubleshoot this type of issue is to execute Crystal Reports directly on the server where the product is actually installed, as the Local Computer Administrator.
CR, CR crash , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020