You receive the below error, while migrating Employee's Personnel Administration Data:
"Position XYZ must be/be under a reporting line unit from DD.MM.YYYY to DD.MM.YYYY" (XYZ represents the ID of the position)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects and then Open Activity List
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Employee Data – XYZ (where XYZ represents a country)
- Choose Migrate personnel administration data using the migration tool
- Upload the file and then select Execute Migration Step by Step
- In the Validation File step, You will the receive the above mentioned error
- The Organizational unit which you have entered is not a Reporting Line unit. You can add Employees only to an Organizational unit,which is Reporting Line unit.
- The Hire Date of the Employee should be lesser or equal to the Reporting Line Unit's validity period.
Steps to check, whether the Org unit is a Reporting Line Unit.
- Go to Organizational Management work center and then select Org Structures.
- Select the Org unit, which was maintained in the Migration Template.
- Go to Definitions tab and check whether the Org unit is marked for Reporting Line Unit.
- If the Org unit is a Reporting line unit, Check whether the Employee hire date is within the range of Org unit validity period.
In the Migration Template,Maintain only the Org unit, which was maintained as Reporting Line Unit with a proper validity and then excecute the Migration.
Organizational Management, Reporting Line Unit, Employee, Migration, Personnel Administration , KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Problem