- Unexpected/wrong values are showing up in the runtime filter criteria in Advanced Reporting;
- Is it possible to filter on Calculated Column fields in Manage Query Filters?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Canvas reports
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Home > Reporting;
- Select the report that is showing the unexpected filter values and run the report;
- When the Filter Summary pop-up shows up, click on "Select values to filter" option on the right side of the field available to select the filter criteria;
- Select the field > Select the Operator > Click on "Report Values";
- Notice that some available values are not stored in the system.
How are these values are available to be selected if they are not stored in the system?
These values are showing in the filter values on the Runtime Filters because they were created by calculated columns that were defined as Runtime Filters.
In this example, the calculated column called 'test1' was created. Inside 'test1', the values shown on the screenshot above were created as condition results inside 'test1', as you can see below:
If you do not want to see these values, you have three options:
- Remove the unexpected values from the calculated column by changing the condition results;
- Remove the calculated column from the runtime filters;
- Hide the calculated column from the query.
Please note: it is only possible to filter on calculated column's results when using it in Runtime Filters. It is not possible to use calculated column's results on Manage Query Filters.
Advanced Reporting, filter values, advanced reporting query, filter, unexpected values showing as filter criteria in a canvas report query, wrong values in filter options , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem