- ASE may not shutdown by issuing 'shutdown' command or from Windows Service if ASE is configured with Job Scheduler and scheduled tasks.
.....[ not responding ].....
- The following messages are logged in ASE errorlog.
kernel Job Scheduler task will be forcefully terminated due to shutdown timeout.
kernel Job Scheduler Task final cleanup performed from terminate_process.
- Using isql to connect to ASE and run dbcc stacktrace on the spid running shutdown or SHUTDOWN HANDLER task, it shows the stack trace as follows :
1> dbcc traceon(3604)
1> dbcc stacktrace(<spid>)
- sp_who does not show JOB SCHEDULER task anymore, which means that Job Scheduler is already terminated.
- jsagent process still remains. You can see it by ps command on UNIX/Linux or Task Manager/tasklist command on Windows.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP140 or later
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL06 or later
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 or later
shutdown, net stop, net start, Windows Service, shutdownjobscheduler, 819388, CR819388, CR#819388 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.