You have installed Cloud Print Manager (CPM), however you are not able to configure the print queues, you face the following error:
"Connection test failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Or, after configuring the print queues you are seeing a yellow icon next to system URL.
Or, in the error logs there are messages similar to:
*** ERROR ***  Object reference not set to an instance of an object. GetAllPrintQueues in DocumentsAvailable (2) ***** [ DocumentsAvailable in RetrievalManager.cs at line 894 ] *****
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
The yellow icon indicates a network issue. The Cloud Print Manager is not able to communicate to the system, however the root cause could be more than one.
There are some steps to be performed to correct this problem:
1) Proxy Settings - If you are using proxy you can configure it directly inside the CPM.
- Click on Settings.
- Select Proxy.
- Choose the correct option and fill the proxy configuration.
2) Security Protocol - Select a different Transport Layer Security:
- Click on Settings.
- Select Security Protocol.
- Choose a different Protocol in the list. The supported option is TLS 1.2 only, TLS 1.0 and 1.1 is not supported anymore.
Ensure to perform this step before proceeding: *For certain systems you must change this value two or three times (from 1.2 to 1.1 and 1.1 to 1.2) to ensure that the correct value is recorded in the registry.
3) PRT user - Change the password or create a new one.
- In ByD system, go to Application and User Management -> Print Queues.
- Edit your Print Queue and go to details tab.
- In the PRT user field, try setting a new password. Now, try configuring the print queue in the CPM with the new password.
- If changing the password does not solve the problem, you can try creating a new PRT user. After creating the new PRT user, use it to configure the print queue in CPM.
After changing one of theses options the CPM service will be restarted. If this not happen, you must restart the services manually.
4) Connect the computer into a different network.
5) Install CPM in a different computer.
When setting or changing the password you need to follow this policy for Print User:
1) Password must be more than 8 characters.
2) The password must contain at least 2 letters(alphabets).
3) The password must contain at least 1 uppercase characters (A-Z)
4) The password must contain at least 1 digits (0-9).
Cloud Print Manager; Print Queues; Connection test failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object , KBA , AP-RC-OUT , Output Management , How To