You requirement is to upload the Materials using Microsoft Excel®. You have logged into the system in English language and downloaded the Microsoft Excel® template from the Materials view in system. You populated data in the template in English language for mandatory fields like Material ID, Material Description, Detailed Description, Product Category ID, Base UoM.
Upon uploading the Materials successfully, in English logon language, you observe that the Material Description are not available for the Materials. But when logged into system using Japanese logon language, you see the Material Description in English are available for the Materials.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
To upload Materials:
1. Login to system using English Language
2. Go to Product Data work center
3. Go to Materials view
4. Go to Material subview
5. Select the button New and choose Material from Microsoft Excel®
6. Fill the mandatory fields in English language
Product Category ID
7. In the SAP Business ByDesign ribbon in Microsoft Excel, click Logon
8. A dialog box opens where you can enter the logon details
9. Provide the system URL and enter your user ID and your password, and click Logon
10. In the ribbon, click Save Data to
11. Materials gets uploaded in system
To check the Material Description:
1. Go to Product Data work center
2. Go to Materials view
3. Find the respective Materials
4. Material Description is missing
Further, login to system using Japanese logon language. The Material Description in English is available for the Materials.
The logon language of the Microsoft Excel® is in Japanese language. Therefore, the Material Description that were uploaded using the Microsoft Excel® have been available only in Japanese logon language, even if the Material Description was provided in English.
If you require the Material Description to be available in English logon language, change the Language settings in Microsoft Excel® using the below steps:
- Open the Microsoft Excel® template
- In the menu bar, go to File
- Select Options
- Select Language
- Set the Office Language Preferences
- In the section Choose Editing Languages, select a new language
- Select the button Set as Default
- Select Yes to acknowledge the warning that some of your settings might change
- Do not quit and restart Excel
- In the section Choose Display Language, select the new language in both Display language box and Help Language box
- Select OK
- Select OK on the message about restarting Office
- Save any open work and close all Office programs
Populate the data in this Microsoft Excel® and observe that the Materials uploaded will have the Material Description in the respective logon language.
Material Description, Microsoft Excel®, Materials, Products, Excel approach, Excel language , KBA , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , Problem