CLR is not getting respected for Distribution Channel in Leads when changing the value of Sales Unit.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Code List Restriction(CLR) for distribution channel as the code to restrict field.
- Create a new lead or open an existing lead.
- Distribution channel will be filled based on the CLR.
- Now enter/change the value of sales unit.
- Distribution channel gets changed based on sales unit without respecting CLR.When checked in organization and distribution channel is not assigned to sales unit.
Code list restrictions are only for UI value help restrictions. They are NOT considered during the automated determination of involved parties or organizational data.
This is the standard behaviour for fields which is associated with automated determination of involved parties or organizational data.
Please see the below link which explains the logic how the sales org,distribution channel etc are determined.
Code List Restrictions, Distribution Channel, Sales Data,Lead , KBA , , distribution channel , code list restrictions , codelist , clr , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , Problem