- SAP ASE 160 SP03 PL06 server is accessible or crashes due to excessive OS memory usage on Linux OS.
- ASE errorlog may show messages:
Adaptive Server had 934458 major and 61258013 minor page faults since boot, and 34523 major and 28747 minor page faults in last 50000 milliseconds.
Adaptive Server had 970162 major and 61287965 minor page faults since boot, and 35704 major and 29952 minor page faults in last 50000 milliseconds.
- On SAP systems: This problem is seen to occur repeatedly on Solution Manager, post-ASE upgrade to to SAP ASE 160 SP03 PL06
- pmap shows an increasing number for [anon] memory
- Observations over a period of time indicate that the allocation of additional memory corresponds to heightened Job Scheduler activity
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 SP140
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 for Business Suite SP140
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP02 PL08
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP02 PL08 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP03 PL06 and higher
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP03 PL06 for Business Suite and higher
- Linux OS
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2
"out of memory", "memory leak", "Job Scheduler", crashed, connections, stopped, dataserver, pid, Linux, memory, "Solution Manager", SP_SAP_ATM, swap, swapping, CR#819273, CR819273, 819273 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.