A user received an application error when clicking on Job Profile Acknowledgement Confirmation in Todo porlet:
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Job Profile Builder
- Job Profiles
- Job Profile Acknowledgement
Reproducing the Issue
- On the Home Page Click "Job Profile Change" in the To-Do Tile.
- Click Job Profile Change for My Acknowledgement
- an application error is displayed.
This happens when a Job Profile has been deleted before the employee could acknowledge it and the corresponding acknowledgment entry is not deleted from the application.
Our Engineering Team is working on guardrails to prevent a Acknowledgement Entry to exist in the system with no Job Profile assigned to it, but in the meantime you can resolve fix the data in the application with the following the steps.
Resolution#1: You can try to click the acknowledgment button on the right handside "I've read".
If this does not work, you need to fix the data inconsistency created when a Job Profile with pending acknowledgement entries was deleted.
Step 1: Find the affected data:
- First go to Import and Export Data;
- Select Export Data option in the dropdown;
- Under the "Generic Object dropdown", select "Acknowledgement Entry"
- Click Export
- Go to Monitor Job and download the file;
- Open the Acknowledgement Entry.csv file with Excel;
- Filter Column "Subject ID" for the userID of the affected user(s).
Step 2: Correct the data
Option #1: Delete this entry via import using the DELETE operator
Option #2: Change the status to ACKNOWLEDGED via import as well.
Important:Those are suggested when there are many users affected, and only if you are familiar with importing MDF objects.
Option#3: This is easier for one or few affected users, or if you are not familiar with MDF data imports.
- take the External Code of the affected entry from the export file (the second to last column)
- go to Manage Data > Find the "Acknowledgement Entry" object
- search for the External Code you collected from the export file
- Either delete or change the status clicking Take Action.
TIP: to avoid creating further issues, ensure there are no pending acknowledgment entries by running a report (see References section) before deleting a Job Profile.
Please see the References section below for related documentation.
Job Profile Acknowledgement, Issue, Popup Error Job Profile, fingerprint=346ea504866aa68029573d221158ab24512c15ac, an application error occurred , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem