- The double bytes characters are garbled when double clicking to open a csv file which is exported from a SAC model in Microsoft EXCEL
- The double bytes characters might be Chinese, Japanese, Korean words
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
Reproducing the Issue
Open a model which contains double bytes characters data in SAC.
- In Data Management, create an export schedule job to export it to CSV format.
- Download the CSV files to local and double click it to make it open by Microsoft Excel.
- Notice that the double bytes characters are garbled.
- However, if opening the same CSV file in notepad, notice there is no such garbled characters
In SAC, the exported CSV file is encoded in UTF-8 without BOM (Byte Order Marks).
When directly opening it in Excel, it cannot determine the correct encoding.
When using Excel to open the exported CSV, use the below steps to set the encoding manually instead of double clicking to open it.
- Launch Microsoft EXCEL
- In the toolbar menu, choose Data -> From Text/CSV
- Select the exported/downloaded CSV file
- In the coming dialog, manually change the File Origin/Encoding as 65001: Unicode (UTF-8)
- Notice that the correct characters will be shown.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem