If a Business Rule is created in order to hide first-name-alt1 and last-name-alt1 based on the Company/Legal Entity, the onView rule is triggered, however does not change the visibility of the fields.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
- Business Rules
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Business Rule to turn the visibility to be equal to 'none' for any of the Alt Name fields in Personal Information
- Add the Business Rule in BCUI > Personal Information as an onView rule
- Navigate to People Profile and check if the onView rule was triggered on page load
- Alt Name fields are still visible in the UI regardless of Business Rule setting the visibility to 'none'
This is expected behavior for all Alt Name fields - The field property for the Alt field cannot be different than the parent field, in the above example, first-name and last-name (parent fields of first-name-alt1 and last-name-alt1). So using a rule to change the field property of the Alt Name fields will not work.
EC, Rule, Alt fields, first-name-alt, last-name-alt, onView , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , How To