When creating a Purchase Order in the APP 'Manage Purchase Orders' a user might use the value help drop down on the 'Cost Center' field to search for 'Cost Centers'. To find the correct 'Cost Center' quickly a user might enter a search string with a wild card character. The fuzzy search logic would propose entries compatible with the string entered. In some cases the expected 'Cost Center' is not listed or no entries are found.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the APP 'Manage Purchase Orders'.
- Create new PO with Account Assignment Category 'K' Cost Center.
- Navigate to the Account Assignment TAB.
- Search for example 'Cost Center' 69101101 in the value help, enter example string 691*. (Nothing is found)
- Enter example string *691* and Press 'GO'.
‘Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.‘
- 'Cost Center' 69101101 is found.
In the Procurement Applications the 'Cost Center' is held in the database with leading zeros, due to the Data Dictionary definition of the field.
If searching using the 'Cost Center' or 'G/L Account number', a user has to enter a wild card character '*', before and after the search string. Then the fuzzy search will propose all values with an 80% match of the entered string.
Fuzzy Search, F4 help, Value Help, Cost Center, KOSTL, EKKN, I_MM_CostCenterValueHelp, , KBA , MM-FIO-PUR-PO , Fiori UI for Purchase Orders , Problem