You are transferring analytics objects via the Transfer Analytical Content tool (e.g. a report), from one tenant to another tenant and you want to keep the customization originally set for the report in the target system. However when you launch the uploaded report, you noticed that some of customizations are missing.
E.g. You have switched on the Show Extended Text functionality in the source report but when you upload the same into the target system, the Extended Text comes up as Disabled. You then need to switch this one for all reports again.
Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics.
- Navigate to the Common Tasks tab.
- In the Transfer Analytical Content section, click Download.
- In the Object Type drop down list, select Report and add the report you want to download.
- Download the report.
- Afterwards, you will follow the same steps but going to Upload tab instead in order to upload the report in your target system.
- Open the report and you will notice that Extended Text is disabled.
Personalizations like Extended Text as well as other personalization settings (chart settings for instance) are not supported as of now in the Upload/Download functionality.
We will take it as a development request for future releases.
Extended Text;customization;Transfer Analytical Content, upload, download, report, common tasks , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement