- Recent enhancements to SAML process for Business Intelligence 4.3+ have simplified the configuration
- Need Step-by-Step guide on how to perform the configuration
- Guide is written based on BI 4.3 Support Package 100 using ADFS as the IdP
- This guide will provide only the ADFS related steps of the IdP configuration, please note each IdP is different and may require different processes on the IdP-side (use these steps as a point of reference)
- As with most Trusted Authentication based methods, there are known limitations to this configuration. Please see KBA 1795949 - Trusted Authentication with SAML Single Sign-On BI 4.x
Please NOTE: All information and pictures were taking from sample test system and do not represent actual data (any resemblance as such is purely coincidental). As these steps involve changes in nonSAP products please ensure approval from your companies internal network/security team and proper software vendors.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.3 (In this test environment, BI 4.3 Support Package 100 is used)
- Any Identity Provider (IdP) that supports SAML 2.0 standards (In this test environment, Active Directory Federation Service version 2.0 is used)
- Any supported web application server (In this environment, Tomcat bundled with BI 4.3 is used)
bi4 biauth htkba ta trusted auth ta single sign on sign-on automatic logon silent boe bi bobj boxi tomcat SAML azure adfs spring security framework extension sap cloud identity provider idp samlsso trace troubleshoot trouble shoot saml.enabled Security Assertion Markup Language 43 4.3 fioribi , KBA , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.