When trying to create a supplier from an existing business partner, the option is greyed out.
SAP Business ByDesign - 1902 and above
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Partner Data work center.
- Go to Business Partners view.
- Select the business partner that you want to be a supplier.
- Click on the button Create As.
Here, the option to create as supplier is not available.
This behavior happens because the approval process for suppliers is activated in the system. This feature was introduced in 1902, and disables the option to create a supplier from an existing business partner, as it would not trigger the approval process.
This is the expected system behavior.
In order to activate/deacivate the approval process for suppliers, follow the below steps:
Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project and click on Edit Scope.
- Proceed to step 4 - Questions.
- Expand the options General Business Data -> Business Partners -> Handling of Business Partners.
- Check/uncheck the question "Do you want to set up the approval process for suppliers?".
Business Partner, Supplier, Person, Organization , KBA , SRD-MD-BP-SUP , Suppliers , How To