In some cases, we need to upload more than 999 entries in fiori app "upload general journal entries". But it ends up with error
"Maximum number of items in FI reached" Message no. F5727.
S/4 HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
By default we can upload no more than 999 general journal entries in a file and each generaljournal entry contains a maximum of 999 line items.
If we want to upload a journal entry that contains over 999 line items in the General Ledger, perform the generalsteps as follows:
1. Open the Upload General Journal Entries app from the SAP Fiori Launchpad.
2. Add a field column in the header section of the template file. The field technical name and value: BSTAT (Journal Entry Attribute) = U (Posting in General Ledger Only)
3. Fill in the information of the general journal entry that includes the head and line items.
4. Upload the general journal entry.
5. Post the general journal entry directly.
However, it does have some limitations, this app doesn't support uploading more than 999 line items in below cases:
2. Open item management is set for a G/L account
3. Post cross-company journal entries when open item management is set for clearing accounts
4. Submit for approval from the Verify General Journal Entries app
5. Upload for reversals. To reverse an accrual and deferral journal entry with over 999 line items, use the Manage General Journal Entries app, display the general journal entry, and create one as reversal.
For more details, please refer the SAP help documentation.
F2548, Upload General Journal Entries, 999, F5727 , KBA , FI-FIO-GL , Fiori UI for General Ledger Accounting , How To