You are using Flexible workflow for 'Service Entry Sheets'. Documents are flagged for approval and sent to the inbox of the responsible manager. When the approving manager tries to release the 'Service Entry Sheets' from their My Inbox APP, nothing happens, after choosing 'Approve' the document remains in the Inbox. In the system log, error message 'Update was cancelled - workitem is not a user decision' is visible.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Service Purchase Order (Manage Purchase Orders)
- Create a Service Entry Sheet (Manage Service Entry Sheets - Lean Services)
- The Service Entry Sheet is marked for approval and sent to the inbox of the approving manager.
- The approving manager accesses 'My Inbox'.
- Approve the Service Entry Sheet, but it remains in the Inbox.
Approvers of 'Service Entry Sheets' - need a business role containing the authorization objects M_SES_EKG / M_SES_EKO / M_SES_WRK with the activity '*' or '37' (Accept). So to overcome this issue you have to assign business role: SAP_BR_PROJ_MANAGE_COMM to your approving user or assign business catalog SAP_MM_BC_SES_WIAPPROVE_PC to an existing role of the user.
SAP_APS_SAP_WFRT_APP, /IWWRK/BADI_WF_BEFORE_UPD_IB, CL_MM_PUR_SES_APPR_ACTION_BADI, AUTHORITY-CHECK, /iwwrk/mc_wf_rt_ib022, BR_PROJ_MANAGE_COMM. , KBA , MM-PUR-SVC-SES , Service Entry Sheet for Service Procurement , Problem