- You can now schedule the generation of change audit reports.
- You can define the type of audit report you want to schedule, the frequency of report generation, and where you want the completed report to be made available, in your SFTP folder or on the Change Audit page.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
You can now schedule the generation of change audit reports. Define the type of audit, the frequency, and where you want the completed report to be made available, in your SFTP folder or on the Change Audit page.
- Permission should be enabled to generate the change audit reports.
Steps: Go to Permission roles --> Admin Center Permissions --> Select Generate Change Audit Reports (Permission to grant access to change audit report generation page)
Note: Other 2 permissions listed below should be enabled to view and edit the configurartion.
- View Change Audit Configuration (Permission to view status of the change audit settings)
- Edit Change Audit Configuration (Permission to enable and disable change audit settings)
- Ensure Change Audit should be enabled.
Steps: Admin Center --> Manage Audit Configuration --> Turn ON Change Audit (Personal and General Audit)
How to Schedule Change audit reports?
Note: For the demo purpose steps have been reported for generating one generic report and the same steps need to be followed for other reports as well.
Please follow the below steps to schedule and generate the change audit reports.
Go to Admin Center -> Change Audit Reports;
Select one of the option to create a report (Create Personal Data Report, Create Configuration Data Report or Create Business Data Report);
- Select one of the reports under the option selected (on our example we will use Create Configuration Data Report -> Role Based Permissions);
Enter the time range, maximum 7 days per report submission and repect the audit data availability 72 hours after the change, Time Range end needs respect the 72 hours;
For recurrent reports, the dates you select on Time Range apply to the first occurrence of the report only and in each recurrence, the dates will be adjusted accordingly.
- For example, if you set up Time Range as April 1 to April 7 with a weekely recurrence starting on April 15, the second occurrence will run on April 22nd with time range April 8th to April 14th, and so on.
Submit the report and you can download it from the "Access Reports" section.
The exact dates you select as on time range apply to the first occurrence of the report only. In each recurrence, the dates will be adjusted accordingly.
For example, if you set up Time Range as April 1 to April 7 with a weekely recurrence starting on April 15, the second occurrence will run on April 22nd with time range April 8th to April 14th, and so on.
Once you turn ON the Recurrence. Fill the details for Destination and Report Occurrence
For Destination: Enter the Schedule Name (Report Name per your requirement)
For Mehthod: Select Offline/Secure File Transfer Protocol ( SFTP). If you select offline,the report is available on the Change Audit Reports page (Access Reports tab).
Report Occurrence: You can use this option to schedule the report recurrnence. Enter the below requirement to achive the same.
1. Recurring Pattern: Select Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly. If you select weekly, you can select days like Sunday, Monday...
2. Enter the Start and End date along with time.
3. Click on Submit and access reports in "Access Reports" Section.
How to schedule Reports in Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)?
- Select Method of report as SFTP ( at Step 4)
- Enter the host address of SFTP and port number should be 22. You can find SFTP Public IP Addresses and URL's for Data Centres in this KBA: 2250792 - SFTP Public IP Addresses and URL's for Data Centres
- Enter the FTP login and Password. Perfrom the test connection and permission to check the FTP login is successful.
- Enter the File Path ( Folder in SFTP where audit reports needs to be generated)
- Select the Recurrence pattern -- > Enter start and End time --> Submit the report.
- You can view schedules under separate tab "View Schedules"
- You can also check the report status by clicking on the status icon or delete the schedules by clicking on Trash icon.
Check here for more information on Enabling and using change audit reporting for general audit purposes.
CRF-17444, Change Audit, Scheduled Audit Reports , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-AUDR , Request Audit Report (Not Change Audit) , How To